We are half way through January, hang in there! February will come, let's get ready for love, get ready for spring. Let's embrace this little months of cold weather with some warm happy thoughts, loving company, cozy things and most importantly a positive attitude. How about we pair out a nice glass of wine with our favorite Wisconsin cheese, get a beautiful cozy throw and some comfy pjs and write down what you can do today to change your wintery blues. This is our list for this month:
1. Be grateful to God - it could be worst, we could be living in Alaska (no offense but that's cold)
We have to be grateful for so many things, list 5, and the rest will follow. We are alive, everything happening is the little spices that flavor our life.
2. Stay Calm- this time of the year , so slow and calm could help us to slow down and organize our thoughts and priorities. It could help us reflect about the patterns we follow every day. Maybe we can get rid of some and start new ones, that will bring more peace and positive energy into our lives.
3. Take care of yourself - We need to be "ok" to take care of others, there is no other way around. If you love yourself you can love others. If you take care of yourself you can take care of others. Be realistic, you are not going to run a marathon this spring, you are not going to fit into a size 0 if you are a size 8 and you are definitely not going to have long hair by spring if you just chopped your hair, (unless you get extensions) so be realistic, otherwise you will be unhappy. Embrace yourself, your flaws,You are vulnerable, You make mistakes, but You are humble (or try to be humble) and you should know that as long as you know your flaws and limitations you are not fooling yourself, you are being truthful to yourself and God.
4. Pamper yourself - Whether is a nice cup of tea with a biscuit ( or a macaroon ) or a nice candle by your bath with your favorite book or gossip mag, you can pamper yourself on a regular basis. Why not! you just have to make it happen, don't wait for anybody (annoyed hubbie, distracted kids or pet) to pamper you and pay attention to you, You do it. Buy yourself a nice chocolate today and have one little piece (unless you want to get depressed after you eat it all) after your favorite meal. Get yourself some fresh flowers, put on your favorite music while you get ready to go face the crazy wild animals outside (meaning deer, raccoons, coyotes that we have here in Milwaukee, although in your city it may apply differently) and pamper yourself for crying out loud.
5. Dress up!!!!! you know you are dying to wear that beautiful top you bought and it's just sitting there waiting for the right occasion, or that beautiful scarf that is way to nice and expensive to wear out to drop of children, but you know what, life is too short. Wear your good perfume, your favorite lipgloss, your awesome boots with jeans, your amazing scarf to the store, why not? Why wait for warm weather! People have this misconception that only LATINAS like us, could pull off the makeup and hair do early in the morning at drop off but you know what, that is a sorry a......s excuse for you to be lazy. Try it, the only thing besides stares and glares you will get are compliments. It feels good let me tell you.
6. Now that you gave thanks to God, you are feeling and looking good, your are done finding excuses for yourself.... enjoy your life, your family, your tedious routine, your job, your chores.
Named 2011 and 2010 Boutique Hotel of the Year by the BLLA and recognized by Condé Nast Traveler for their 2011 Top 100 Gold List,The Iron Horse Hotel has all the style and service found at a NY or LA boutique hotel, delivered with their famous Midwestern friendliness.